Befor starting this tutorial you need to install database software to run your SQL query/commands.
There are various databases are available in market like - Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2 ,MySQL etc.
We are using mysql to learn various SQL commands.
- MySQL is an open source relational database.
- It is free.
- MySQL is cross platform which means it runs on a number of different platforms such as Windows, Linux, and Mac OS etc.
How To Install MySQL
Follow these steps:
- Go to MySQL official website http://www.mysql.com/downloads/
- Choose the version number for MySQL community server which you want.
- Download the installer package, unzip it anywhere and run setup.exe
- By default, this process will install everything under C:\mysql
- Open your MySQL Command Line Client, it should be appeared with a mysql> prompt.
Open terminal and use this command to install
sudo apt-get install mysql-server