About C Language
- The C programming language was originally developed by Dennis Ritchie of Bell Laboratories.
- It is one the most famous programming language.
- C is a middle level programming language because it has feature of high-level languages with the functionalities of an assembly language. It allows manipulation of bits, bytes and addresses of the basic elements with which the computer functions. .
- C was intially used for systems programming. A system forms a portion of the operating system of the computer or its support utilities.
- Linux, PHP, Mysql and many modern software are written in C.
It is popular beacuse of following reason
- C language is easy and simple to learn.
- Very fast and efficient.
- It is a structured langauge.
- It has rich set of built in function and libraries.
- It has few keywords and a relatively simple to understand syntax.
- C is highly portable means that programs once written can be run on another machines with little or no modification.
Uses of C language
- Compiler and Assemblers
- OS ( Linux )
- Database system
- Word processors and many more