AJAX is growing very fast and that is the reason that it contains many issues with it. Some issues that AJAX is currently suffering from are discussed below:
Complexity is increased
- Server-side developers will need to understand that presentation logic will be required in the HTML client pages as well as in the server-side logic.
AJAX-based applications can be difficult to debug, test, and maintain
- Lack of design patterns or best practice guidelines yet.
Toolkits/Frameworks are not mature yet
- Most of them are in beta phase.
No standardization of the XMLHttpRequest yet
- Future version of IE will address this.
No support of XMLHttpRequest in old browsers
- Must be enabled for applications to function.
- Still some browser incompatibilities exist.