Project Saksham – Railways to start 9-month ‘upskilling’ exercise for employees
- This project comprises training courses and specially designed skill-upgrade modules.
- Every employee of Indian Railways, from the rank of a peon to the Railway Board Members, will have to undergo training under ‘Project Saksham’.
- Nature of training will depend on the work profile of the employee. This may range from a refresher course to gain information about global best practices in respective work areas or upgrading the skills for those involved in technical work.
- Mode of training may either be a five-day on-the-job training, or classroom sessions in Railway Training Centres.
- Railway General Managers have been directed to identify training needs, divide their subordinates into small groups and communicate the entire training plan to Union Railway Ministry by December 31, 2017.
- The project will be launched on January 12, 2017 (tentative date). This date coincides with the 155th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- Post completion of training, the reporting managers will have to ensure that the newly acquired skills are easily integrated into the regular jobs.
President inaugurates 37th International Trade Fair (ITTF) in New Delhi
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 37th India International Trade Fair (IITF) – 2017, at Pragati Maidan, in New Delhi.
37th ITTF inaugurated in New Delhi:
- The India International Trade Fair (IITF) -2017 is a 14-day event. It is organized by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO).
- The theme for ITTF 2017 is “Startup India: Stand Up India”. Jharkhand is the partner state for the fair and Vietnam is the partner country.
- The President said that 3,000 exhibitors, including 222 companies from abroad, are participating at IITF 2017. Thirty-two of India’s states and Union territories are represented.
- Institutions that are present include self-help groups to big business houses, and from small and medium manufacturing enterprises to digital start-ups.
International Lavi Fair begins in Himachal Pradesh
Traditional International ‘Lavi fair’ was held from 11th -14th November 2017 in Rampur, Himachal Pradesh.
More Details about International ‘Lavi Fair’ in Himachal Pradesh:
i. The fair was inaugurated by Himachal Pradesh Governor, Acharya Dev Vrat. The governor also inaugurated the ‘Kinnauri market’ an exhibition put up by various Government departments.
ii. Lavi Fair has been an important point of trade between India and Tibet for centuries.
iii. The fair is visited by tourist and traders from distant places. It provides a good opportunity for promotion and sale of woolens, dry fruits and other traditional crafts and products.
iv. Currently, it also provides a platform for social and cultural events.